an open journal about the awesome things that God has done in my life

Friday, August 9, 2013

First encounter with dextrose

12:09 PM Posted by ask me No comments
The pain was indescribable.

It was on Monday when I felt it -- the abdominal pain. At first, it was tolerable. Around 4-5pm, the pain began to be unbearable. I was thinking if I should cut my last subject which was until 6pm and go home because I badly want to discharge something in the comfort room. I didn't cut my last subject, though. By God's grace, I made it til the end of my class. When I got home, I ran to the comfort room as fast as I can and released the thing I had been holding for so long. After doing so, my stomach felt relief, but the pain was still there. I had my dinner, thinking maybe lack of food is the cause of it. My mom gave me medicine hoping it would ease the pain. Minutes passed, it's still there. It's so painful, so I told my mom to bring to my school's hospital because it's the nearest.

When we were in the emergency room, the pain didn't stop. An hour or so passed, I finally vomited. Twice. If I could be honest, as much as I hate vomiting, I loved that I vomited that very moment because as long as I hold it inside, the longer and stronger I'll feel the pain. Relief came, thank God. The doctor was about to discharge us when I suddenly vomited again and again. For we all know, vomiting is worse than pooping. It's like three times of pooping; that's why when we vomit a lot, there'd be higher tendency you'll be dehydrated. And if things get from worse to worst, you might die. It was midnight (1am, I think) when the doctor told my parents that I should be admitted to the hospital so my needs would be supplied.

I wasn't able to sleep that night/midnight at all. One minute, I think I was able sleep, then there goes another minute when my stomach tells me Sleep? Ain't nobody got time for that *insert Sweet Brown meme* I vomited several times when we were already in my hospital room. I was diagnosed with Acute Gastroenteritis. You don't know that? Don't ask me. I have no idea, too. Lol. Of course I have an idea. I think I messed up with my stomach lining or something alike?

The next day, I felt A LOT  better, THANK GOD!!! I could finally smile and laugh. Lol. Lunch time came, my mom asked me what I want to eat. I don't know why in the world I suddenly craved for cereals, so I said I want Cerealicious. We were having fun eating the stuff and all, then I went back to sleep. It was pass 5 in the afternoon when I woke up again feeling a different kind of pain I had never experienced before. It was different from the pain the other night. This time, it had me nuts. The pain does not only happen in my stomach, but it went up my chest. It's like crumpling and burning my internal organs. I worried that time because my classmates and friends were suppose to be there anytime soon; of course, I won't be able to treat them with hospitality or laugh around with  them feeling sick at the same time. My two special friends came first. Sadly, I wasn't able to attend to them already because I started vomiting again. Minutes passed, my classmates came. When I saw them, there was like a second when I forgot about the pain. I don't know. Their smiling faces just gave me comfort even just for a second. They bought me a slice of cake, and baked macaroni.
 My two special friends + my sister



 See their faces? How could you now forget pain with those? :P

It's really sweet of them to buy me food.

When they left, the pain became worse again. I kept on vomiting and all. I didn't sleep that night at all. Nap, maybe. 

The next day, the pain lessened. Thank God! Really! It was a big relief not feeling it much anymore. For the other day, the pain was 8/10. The next day, it became 4/10. I finally was able to say I'm feeling pretty much better and quite ready to go home already. A few friends visited me til my last day in the hospital. I'm a bit overwhelmed by my friends' and relatives' concern, though. I didn't quite expect to receive such affection. Lol. 

Anyway, I'm just really thankful to God for not leaving me when I'm in pain. The thing is, whether or not we are in pain, He is always with is. God will never leave us nor forsake us. The day before I got sick, I was doing my quiet time in Exodus. When I was laying the hospital bed, suffering and agonizing every second, God reminded me of what I've read:
He said, "If you will listen carefully to the voice of the Lord your God and do when is right in his sight, obeying his commands and keeping all his decrees, then I will not make you suffer any of the diseases I sent on the Egyptians; for I am the Lord who heals you." (Exodus 15:26)

God is faithful. Not one of his good promises did He not fulfill. So when hard situations and challenges come, do not waver. Just keep up the faith and hold on to God's Word.

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment