an open journal about the awesome things that God has done in my life

Monday, December 23, 2013

It has been a great pause

After being quiet for almost 4 months, HELLO EVERYONE!!! I apologize for being away for a long time. It's just I have been busy in school. Exams and deadlines are everywhere. Last October was our semester break, and I was planning to (finally) write, but then laziness came over. Well, not really. I just thought I need a break from everything, and instead dove on the books listed on my to-read list. Guess what, I was able to read 5 books: Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, Eleanor and Park, Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegiant; all of which I will be making a review.

During the break, my mom, sister, and I went out of town. Got some sort of girl bonding. It was fun, really. We visited my parent's college, strolled in unfamiliar parks, and thrift-shopped. Being away from the city and seeing more of nature made me really thought of how cool and awesome God is as a Creator. I mean, how could anyone think of such creative and intelligent design and make anything great out of rubble? Our get-away was also a good time to be reflective. Aside from the all-girls trip, we got to visit our relatives in our province. It was such a nice season to be reunited with my cousins since we all have been busy in our academic life.

All-girls get-away :-p

(L-R) Diane, Ate Angelica, Me, Kate, Nikka: when we jogged early in the morning to visit our grandparents' deathbeds


Having a break in between stressful tasks helps in a way we'll never know. We shouldn't push ourselves too much in accomplishing things all at once, or right after the end of the other. Skipping breaks might cost some lessons in life that are only learned in me-times.

xxx

0 comments:

Post a Comment