an open journal about the awesome things that God has done in my life

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Summer Trilogy

This week is a week full of practices for our graduation. Believe it or not, the thought of me graduating hasn't sunk in my mind yet. It feels like everything's not real, every thing has been happening so fast. Anyway, since it is REALLY boring in our graduation practices, wherein we just sing all day, I have found out a way to delight my mood, and it has always been and will forever be through reading.



I bought the book one of Summer trilogy in a bookstore last Saturday as I mentioned in my previous post. It is my first time to finish a book in one day! I myself can't believe it. I had read the book one, The Summer I Turned Pretty (TSITP), in just 10 hours. Thankfully, my friend, Marcelyne, has read the trilogy and owns a copy of each book so she lend me  It's Not Summer Without You (INSWY) and We'll Always Have Summer. The day after I read TSITP, I immediately read the second book, INSWY. Guess what? I read the second book in one day too. I read the third book in one day too. 

The story really kept me going. Jenny Han is a good writer, or at least in this trilogy. What I love in this trilogy are:

  1. It has not so many x-rated scenes. I mean, there are no sex scenes, though there are quite many kissing scenes. But not too detailed which I really like.
  2. I noticed that Jenny Han avoids too many curse words, which I really appreciate.
  3. Lastly, the story teaches values or somehow makes the reader realize things about love, family, and friendship. 

As I was so obsessed with the trilogy, particularly with the three main characters, I had thought of suitable songs for each of them and each of the tandem (Belly + Jeremiah, and Belly + Conrad). Basically, I'll have to do a book review for each book, next to this post.

Belly: 


Conrad: 

Jeremiah:

Belly + Conrad:

Belly + Jeremiah:

Belly + Cam:

Reading the book made me pray to God, asking Him how's my love story going. I know He is the best planer, writer, Father, or whatever -er, but you know, teenagers still long for this affection and love from "someone special." God reminded of Song of Songs 2:7 (NLT). 

7  Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, by the gazelles and wild deer, not to awaken love until the time is right.
Even though how far my imagination leads me when it comes in dreaming of my love story - my prince charming, God still knows things beyond what I can imagine or think of. He knows what's best and the things I like. I just know I have to wait for the right time - the perfect time of God.



PS. You may read my Summer trilogy book reviews, too! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment